View Single Post
      05-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #35
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M-Sport

update. And mines gone. Figured with long cranks it was on the way and deserved to be punished so I mixed up a gallon of toulene with 4 gallons of racing 100 so over 100octane american. had it all in a jerry can in the back of the car on my way to bitburg. The plan was to empty my tank on the drive to bitburg then fill up with my rocket fuel and distroy the drag strip on map 9. About 10km from bitburg the pump went out. BEFORE I could use my home made go juice. didn't care to argue with dealer or have them trouble shoot every thing it was not. so I magicall obtained a new fuel pump installed it myself on saturday and would have raced all day except I jacked up my knock sensor. (expensive lesson learned don't play with knock sensors and yes they have a torque rating) So at the end of my weekend no racing and drove back with limp mode and no boost. Oh well hopefully BMW will eventually get a new pump but if not it's almost worth $300 a year poping in a new fuel pump just to distroy it with all my mods lol.

But the morale of the story is
dealer diagnostics, and replacement of HPFP = free + a week
Buying your own and learning how to work on your own car = $300 + 1hr 45min + $100 ping sensor you jacked up in the process.

how much is your time worth?
Appreciate 0