Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
Interesting. I thought the F30 335 brakes fit a 128i with zero modifications and I was set on buying them over the 135 brakes because of the piston cracking I've heard about. Is that not the case or is the hub only needed for E9X 335 brakes?

Axle stiffness would be a decent upgrade. Have you done diff bushings?

As far as tires, I kept reading the front is the limiter on a 245 square setup. I looked at it for autocross with some LTW-5 and it may require trimmer to have a perfect square setup but the rear is good to go. I'm running the Apex 1 series wheels with 235 in the front and 265 rear. Tons of grip for a 128 lmao.
TBH, I have the performance brakes more because they're pretty, especially against Le Mans Blue If piston cracking ever becomes an issue I'll get the Stoptech repair kit and move on. I'm also of the opinion that the E9X 335i front brakes are a fantastic budget option for a track focused 128i. I once wandered down that path but the calipers wouldn't fit in my stock 207M wheels.

AFAIK the F30 fronts fit just fine but as with the E9X generation, the rears are the issue. With the E8X/9X generation modding the rear is 100% plug and play, factory bolt-on, no compromise (in the "I didn't make 'Franken-brake' shoes or delete the handbrake all together" kind of way).

From the Apex fitment guide:

"Front & Rear: 17x8.5" ET40 with 235/40-17 tires
Available in ARC-8 design. only.
May require minimal front negative camber.
245/40-17 tires can fit, but will require approximately -1.5 degrees or more of front camber. Rear rolled fenders and/or rear negative camber may also be required."

This mod eliminates the rear fender roll. I have ~2.3 degrees of front camber ATM, but the wider tires won't come (probably) until my next iteration of the suspension which will most likely be Ohlins, a massaged rear subframe, and a few other tweeks.

I haven't and probably won't do the diff bushings
gotcha43152.00