08-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #13
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trier Germany View Post
Silky smooth roads in Germany? I must be in the wrong part of germany i need to go check out bamberg
The roads in Bayern (Bavaria) are taken care of very well! I notice this all the time when I travel to other parts of DE. Bayern does have some places that need repair... but it seems to me that Bayern is just more serious about putting road repair at a higher priority. Even the Autobahn Meister's seem to drive the newest trucks and have those cool new LED road construction signs. These are the new digital moving signs.

Like in Hessen they don't even cut down the grass that grows next to the BundesStrasse (back roads). The autobahns have to deal with a lot of city traffic. Taking care of the raods there, seems to get put on the back burner.

In Baden Württemberg the raods are decent but there are many places where the road should be closed and repaired but is not. The (lower part) A7 and A81 are places that come to my mind.

The the former DDR lands... the autobahns are all brand new now... it is just the(DDR) drivers you need to worry about! And the back roads (Bundes Strasse) are really old and dangerous.

When I was in Rheinland-Pfalz (like when I went to the 'Ring a few weeks ago) I also noticed the Autobahns and Bundes Strasse were not in tip top shape like mine over here in Bayern.

These are just my thoughts. But I did see this article in last Friday's AutoBild. I will post it bellow.

Appreciate 0