View Single Post
      02-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmak View Post
I just did my rsfb this winter. Look at a few posts down here.
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1670897

All depend if you have all the tools you need. I would say its nothing difficult for me other than the seized brake pipe flare nuts(which you wont have problem with), and getting the right tool to fit and remove the old bushings.
I did not need to push bushings back in since i installed whiteline 2 piece bushings. I also did not completely remove the subframe at any point, that is because i dont want to deal with removing/installing/compressing the rear springs, so i always have 2 subframe bolts threaded a few turns in.
Did the rear sets first(which was super easy) then the front sets. Brake lines between body and subframe MUST be disconnect, its not possible to get enough space to do front bushings without(i tried)
I also did not disconnect the drive shaft to rear diff, it was tight, but if you remove rear springs and have the rear part of subframe tilt down, you will get more space.
I m not sure how difficult to do it on jack stands. Second sets of hands help a lot. I did mine all by myself tho.

Hopes that help
I did my whiteline two piece install by myself on jack stands, without removing the brake lines. I think I might have removed the shock and maybe a control arm to allow everything to loosen up a bit more, but I don't remember now for sure. Wasn't too bad honestly.

Can't provide first hand experience on full removal for the M3 RSFB install though.
Appreciate 0