View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #67
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBoy View Post
Thanks for the link ! I got my Baby back form the DDC install yesterday. Total man-hours was 10 hours to perform the installation, set-up, alignement not included. My installer managed to keep the ride height at the same level as OEM, and said he could even rise it slightly if needed ! As I left the garage in Comfort mode, the difference was huge. It's pliant and nicely damped, like a standard 1-Series with non-runflat tires. What a breeze to drive in traffic or on a bad road ! Of course, there is a little more roll than stock, and the steering isn't as sharp. But when the road clears up, you can switch to Sport mode. It's obviously firmer than Comfort, but more "controlled" than stock: the car isn't unsetled by bumps or potholes like it was. General ride comfort is similar to stock.
I tried Sport+ mode as well. It is bearable on a good road. Pitch and roll are largely reduced but I couldn't test it on track yet. Track times could perhaps decrease by 2 or 3 seconds per lap, to be confirmed. These are just my first impressions. I just don't see any drawbacks, except of course for the price. 3000 euros is quite a big amount !!
So my temporary conclusion is overly positive. Top-notch stuff, realy !!
Congrats and thx for the review. Assume you mean both front and rear are at OEM height: That would also be my target, though I'd settle for the marketing spec of -10mm front and -5mm rear that Aussie has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
Very interested to hear that they managed to keep ride height as standard - any info on if they had to do anything special to achieve that?
+1, can you detail on the front and rear solution to achieve this setting: Is it as easy as extend the included adjustable perches or use the OEM springs (rear) or ...
Appreciate 0