View Single Post
      11-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #37
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802 View Post
i saw the pinacle oil cooler, was wondering who he uses for cores. for his fmic i think he uses csf cores. and i never really liked the idea of blocking the radiator. even the guys i spoke to who race and build cars for nasa and scca didn't like the idea of blocking the radiator, even if i am running the csf radiator. for the inlets i read somewhere that the 335is or 1m radiator fan is 850w and slimmer. i have stock location inlets and the csf radiaor that ben sittingin the box since may and i an a little worried about real estate. i mean a 19 row setrab is 175$ and would fit nicely in the stock location. thinking of running that or like i said a mocal, earls or cx.

so you have a good hookup with kw hence the loyalty. i know some guys love them but most of the serious track guys go jrz, mcs, or penske. i have AST and they look at them as lower teir. they serve me well though.

i can see you needing dual coolers though, you drive hard, even my buddy has a 135 race car with a single 25 row mocal and he had to dial back the tune a lot one race day because he was running too hot and limping.
I mean, sure you can start with one core. Easy enough to add one. I'd just rather only do this once, so I'm going all out from the start and hopefully it holds up!

Agreed on most of the serious track guys liking the big dollar remote resevoir stuff -- I'm sure it's for good reason. I have a lot to learn about suspension tuning, and driving too, so I think if I can master this setup and learn enough about making the right changes, I'll better utilize and appreciate something better in the future. Running 2:00 without aero off the bat at Buttonwillow has me thinking they're at least doing an OK job for now. I'm going to swap in some 8k springs up front, I think the 6k's are too soft. And I'm on the lookout for an e92 M3 rear sway bar, because having just the M3 front feels wrong.

Thanks for the info on the 1M fan. I'll see if I can pick one up.

PS -- as for the radiator. I think good cores will flow enough not to impede airflow too much, but only testing can tell. If I hadn't already bought everything, I'd try out the Pinacle unit.
Appreciate 1
Bimmer TV125.00