chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman123 View Post
Thanks for being my #1 fan

Throttle response is really, really nice. I don't have to dig halfway to China to find some torque now! Combined with the short diff, this thing is able to pull well beyond the speed limit. I'm actually finding I'm no longer able to be flat out in some of my favorite corners and on/off ramps

This is still technically 'stock' power too (130i). More gains to be had with a custom tune, headers and MILVs (the closest things to cams N52s will have).

The whole build is going by WAY faster than I thought it would. I've been busy hunting down deals and just keeping my eyes open. The main thing is to just not be afraid to drive somewhere. I drove 2 hours to buy the wheels, an hour for the manifold.
Once you've hit the DISA manifold stage, it's kinda just sorting the car and balancing it all out (brake improvements, tightening suspension bits, rebuilding shifters).

After my being rear-ended, I'm torn between fixing the bumper (with a 1M replica) and possibly getting a custom exhaust out of it, or getting an LSD and then repairing my bumper myself as best as I can.