View Single Post
      10-27-2016, 03:46 PM   #34
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

Thanks!

Thankfully, I haven't had to replace a fuel pump yet. Though I'm at 65,000 miles (N55) so I may be getting close.

I don't run ethanol, but a month ago I was headed out to a track event and there was a "race" fueling station on the way. Gauge showed about 1/4 tank of my premium 91 octane remaining. I put in 2 gallons of 100, followed by some 94. Shooting for around 93 octane (hot day, but no tune and minimal bolt-ons) I was going to stop it around 5 gallons, but it stopped by itself at 5.02 before I got around to releasing the handle.
So I figure I had about 7.5 gallons of California special left in there. (Love those accurate fuel gauges.)
Anyway, looks like I ended up just over 93 octane for the day. It started great and ran like a champ for the whole tank (which, sadly, was gone just a couple days later. Wonder why...) I didn't feel it change over time. But I'm pleased to hear the mixing is fairly quick, and stable once achieved.
Just wish that station wasn't a 30 mile detour from my regular commute.
Appreciate 1