08-12-2018, 10:20 AM   #6
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerAg View Post
Sounds sick! Out of curiosity, how hard was it to knock the guts out? I tried to do it on one of my old trucks with a piece of pipe and a BFH and didn't have any luck...looks like it must not have been too bad on the 1er?
Thanks! It was super easy to knock them out, I actually used a 1-1/2 hole saw on a drill with a 16" extension and hollowed out the middle of the cat. After that the internals collapsed on itself and it all came out extremely clean. The hard part was getting the DP out of the car, actually gutting the cat took 5mins tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitesales305 View Post
so piped fro mthe dp to the mids?? then from mids u took out the packing on the stock muffler??

any reason why u didn't go 3 inch from the dp str8 to the rear??
Catless DP, OEM N55 mids with the resonator intact (don't want drone), to the stock muffler with a cutout right before the can. When I want loud mode I open the cutout with the push of a button. When I want quiet I close the cutout and maintain some nice raw exhaust note but at a much more tame volume.

Not interested in replacing the N55 mids, not worth the investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain slowly View Post
OP, don't know if you've lived with a catless car before, I did with my Evo and can tell you it isn't worth the trouble. The smell while sitting at a traffic light with the windows down is nauseating, and there really isn't much power to be gained (with the Evo it was 10whp, which is something you won't feel).
I've had catless setups on 3 of my past vehicles, the smell doesn't bother me, if anything it has become a source of nostalgia lol. Also the smell on this car really isn't bad at all, especially with e85 mix, it smells like popcorn!

Also there's a good bit of restriction from the N55 cats, and while the overall power increase might not be extraordinary, I certainly have noticed increased throttle response. All that aside, the sound alone is WELL worth it, I'm obsessed with the new tone and hearing the turbo spool up is amazing!
BimmerAg425.00