08-30-2018, 10:56 AM   #7
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman123 View Post
Lol I completely forgot about that fact literally n o o n e has done any research. I think BPC tested a turbo'd N52 and got some gains but that's it. Supposed to work with N51/52, N55 and S55.

Someone needs to take the plunge and test them.

Also that warranty thing is pretty nice too.
Yeah if someone told me it'd be guaranteed 30whp I'd probably give it a shot. But just increasing lift isn't necessarily going to make a big, or good difference on a motor already built for a turbo. An N52 with a turbo slapped on it is a very different setup from an N55.

I also don't like that there's zero change, or an actual LOSS, of power until you get the car tuned, even on an N52. It makes me question the validity and safety of the modification, especially after you add boost into the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
My car lost that status a while ago...lol

MILV's on an N55 would be interesting...
Yeah you're deep into it haha. I wouldn't mind not having a warranty but it has been such a blessing honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YearOneOne View Post
Yeah you should add a big ass turbo
Unless I come across a crazy good deal it'll never happen on this car. At most I'll do a stage 1 hybrid from Pure, which has the same exact appearance as OEM but with much more top end flow. Between my lifetime warranty and FCP Euro this car is basically just becoming the ultimate DD that I'm not at all afraid to put butt-loads of miles on.

Current plan for this car is to make it super fun to drive on a daily basis while keeping it reliable enough for road trips, and then get a C5/C6 vette as a track animal for the weekends.