View Single Post
      07-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #86
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mernardi View Post
I ended up doing the exact same brake duct set up you did. Thank you for all the photos!

Running RB pistons, PFC 08 pads, ECS F rotors, drilled/slotted R rotors, RBF 600 fluid, SS lines.

Only had a chance to get on track once last year at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. 19 turns for the full track, with my top speed 110+. Brakes performed flawlessly! Can not wait to test them at Road America this year.
My ghetto brake ducts:

* $25 2.5" shop vac hose kit
* 2x $5 shop vac large scoop attachments

PFC-08 compound and RBF600 fluid.

I'd write up a DIY, but people don't seem to like to see cheap stuff like this... All I did was cut the shop vac hose in half and trim the attachments down to fit my bumper. I then used large snips to cut out a hole in the heat shield for the hose to sit. I could have taken the heat shield off and made cut-out seamless, but I didn't feel like it was worth the extra effort. I just cut my heat shield right down the middle and then snipped out the 2.5" hole. Took all of about 15minutes lol

I think in the future I will use these ghetto ducts to cool the engine bay. I will relocate the stock brake duct opening in the bumper like others have done to vent to an actual brake duct.

Last edited by bNks334; 08-24-2017 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 3
AndyW669.00
feuer4275.50