06-08-2018, 06:44 AM   #48
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN_M2 View Post
Up until a couple months I still knew of people waiting to get a current M2 at MSRP.

Every M2 just sitting at a dealer was either loaded with M Performance parts or was used not new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN_M2 View Post
Up until a couple months I still knew of people waiting to get a current M2 at MSRP.

Every M2 just sitting at a dealer was either loaded with M Performance parts or was used not new.
Not sure where you're located but I haven't noticed that here. There were always optioned and base cars in abundance over the past year. Currently there are more than 300 new and in stock M2s available across the country (on autotrader); many can be negotiated at under invoice pricing. The market for cars like the M2 is relatively small and BMW produced plenty of them in the past year...as production increased throughout 2017 so did supply.

All of this is besides the point though as All I'm really saying is that the M2C should be available pretty easily after the first few months. It's not a limited car it's the new 'base' M2. I think the name alludes to it being a special or limited edition but it's really just a new name for the M2 with the S55. Either way I hope it's a fun car for those who buy one. The N55 M2 was a good car...