View Single Post
      05-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #1
One28i
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1

Smile suspension All in (BMW P Springs, Bilstein dampers, 1m/m3 arms, RSFB)

Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience and some images of the work done. I wanted to remove all the soft rubber joints in the suspension that were put in place accommodate RF tires. the car is mainly a street setup with a few runs to the track.

RSFB were whiteline 2 pc installed, and that took that flex extra bounce away from the rear and also brought in more road impacts to the chassis, which I am okay with, worth the trade off.

than I hit the rear with 1M/M3 lower control arm and B6 1M Bilstein damper with BMW performance springs. The factory had M sport suspension, with L2 rear springs. I was given T1 as BMW PS. I found a hack for the level sensor as shown.

The front had the dinan fix camper plates, 1M/M3 lower control arms and thrust arms, plus b8 1 series dampers with BMW PS can't recall the #(it is in another post) I don't have power seats, no sunroof, no nav trim.

so the car had just under 100K kms, the dampers on all 4 corners were done. all compressed by finger, rusty and leaked.

I have also attached the final alignment setting. I got a max of 2.1-2.2 degree front negative camber, and adjusted to 1 degree negative in the rear with minimal toe all around. I may add more camber it the rear, if the back is too unstable for my liking, we will see.

before the car would just push very easily, worse in rain., don't know what the alignment setting was prior to suspension install.

Plus my stability system disabled as the car wouldn't go straight for the days I was between the installation of the system. It was interesting the car is very sensitive to alignment, or at least going straight. But eventually reset itself once the proper alignment was done.

Now the front end is tight and full of grip, and the rear, seems a lot more play, which I am still getting used to, as I notice the stability kicking in as the rear is sliding under braking a bit.

My tire setup is square 225 45 R17 MPSS

the suspension is a lot more firmer than before, body control is finally here. there is no way this would fly as stock suspension from the factory, but perfect for a street 95% and 5% track setup which is what I had in mind. just having it for a week now, I am giddy, all the stuff I have been gathering for just under a year, is finally installed.

enjoy!
Attached Images