View Single Post
      10-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #68
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
You know Garrett, I was going to give your crap a pass - then, hell I got pissed enough that I told the moderators to throw either you or me out - since they've decided to stay out of it, I gotta take care of your pathetic drivel myself.

You and I are going to have a confrontation. I am calling you out - I challenge you to list your automotive credentials and supply references that can vouch for those credentials - I ain't taking the word of your homies either - your references must be from adults, verifiable (oh wait I got it, your industry experience is as a towel boy at the local car wash ; -). I'll be more than happy to supply at least 10 references for mine (adults also by the way).

I'll give you a bit of my credentials now so that you know what you're up against. I am a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers (heck I even have a wonderful certificate for that one). I have had the good luck to cover a number of long-lead and short lead press events in the past 10 years for manufacturers as diverse as Toyota, Ford, Chrsyler, GM, MB, Subaru, Porsche, and BMW.

I've had driving sesions at the BMW PDC, at a rally school in Florida, at Spring Mountain Raceway, Road Atlanta, PPIR and Mont Tremblant. You don't even want to know the number of different cars I've driven in the past ten years (or the fact that I've driven Cobras at Romeo, a C6 Z51 at Milford and a really fun drive in a Dodge Charger police car at Chelsea). I've covered (as a journalist) the Indy 500, the Pike's Peak Hill Climb, and have attended more races then you are years old.

I have standing press credentials at SEMA and have covered the Pebble Beach Concours twice since 1999. I am currently working on a history of Front Wheel Drive (ever hear of Riley Brett, Harry Miller, Ben Gregory, Gregoire - nope didn't think you would have).

You can't afford to buy my automotive library - and since you're such an expert on 'sports cars' I would expect you to have a copy of 'Time and Two Seats' in your library (oh, sorry you've never heard of it have you). How about Pomeroy's 'Grand Prix' cars (oh, before your time - sorry). Any of Chris Nixon's books? (Nope, he's dead.) How about LJK Setright (nope, he's too hung up on Bristols - oh but they're basically BMWs so maybe you got something on that).

I look forward to you providing me with the details of your vast treasure store of automotive expertise. (It has to be better than your English grammer. Oh and the sarcasm is part of the package - since you're so hung up on it. ; -)

Oh and to make it worthwhile, why don't we put some money on it? Awaiting your reply.

WoW, thats a big e-penis you have there. Unfortunatly, I don't think flexing muscle on a forum is my style. You call it drivil, yet you felt compeled to respond?

Your response was a defense mechanism to shine the light on me and not on the subject matter at hand. Your attemp to character assasinate me has fouled. We are talking about the heritage of certain automobiles and the companies that make them. Remember?

Remember your inability to understand this and now your second attempt to make this personal, all the while your still trying to fathom DNA.

Hrre I will stroke your ego, yes as a journalist you've probably visited more venues than I have, or even races more cars. It's just a shame that you never understood the distinct engineering involved in many of those vehichles.

So do you still feel that Porsche and other manufacturers don't have DNA..?

How big is your e-penis again..?

-Garrett
Appreciate 0