03-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #84
Cisitalia
No fast lane bandits allowed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i TiAg 6mt M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Sorry to those that have em, but I feel the CS7's to be very boring and a lil too "oem" looking to really make sense spending the extra money and time buying them over the oem wheels you already have on the car. Hence why Im so into the Advans or possibly the Breytons, they look very unique but at the same time they fit the car perfectly, dont have any poking issues, etc.

Sure the money is an issue with the Advans which is why I probably wont be going with them in the end, unless I suddenly come into some money, but I still like them a whole hell of a lot more then the CS7's and those like them.
Ah I see, you can't put your money where your mouth is.

You are completely missing the point on the stock wheels/tires versus aftermarket. BMW missed the mark on the size wheels and tires for the 135i. So what the market demanded was some more rubber on the road. Also damn BMW used odd offsets which made available wheels very scarce and thus custom wheel applications to get them to fit correctly on the 1er. Hence I applaud AluFelgen for stepping up to the plate and making wheels with the correct wheel widths/offsets to allow more tire on the road. The CS7 is the perfect wheel size to fit 225/40-18 and 255/35-18 tires. The OEM stock wheels don't quite allow this perfect fitment and is a compromize when trying to fit these size tires on the 7.5/8.5" stock rim widths. So that's why we have to get other wheels and the stock wheels don't quite cut it. Also, I and others wanted that OEM look, but with that CSL look that is unique.

Well the Breytons are far from exact fit and I would not even consider them. The structural integrity is not as good as the CS7s. I like the look of the gunmetal but hate that red ring.

Any ways, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.
Appreciate 0