View Single Post
      01-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #21
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

Hi there just sharing with you the latest updates I have done to my car over the past couple of months.

First I upgraded the brakes by installing the front system from a 335i. Everything is just P&P and no need to modify anything and the install is actually very simple. Here are some pictures of the brakes and how they compare to the OEM setup in my car.

The overall brake feel did change a bit, the original system had a sharp initial response which I also liked but with the new setup the brake operation is just smoother with still very good feel without that aggressive bite that can be uncomfortable during city traffic, I think this is due to the larger piston. The brakes start binding right from the first millimeters of pedal travel with a very linear behavior, the more you press the more it brakes. The overall braking power is noticeable higher as the 130i is just too light for the 335i bigger discs and calipers which is good as I have bigger reserves of braking force making safety levels higher with the added benefit of having less fade and a very fast recovery due to the larger area if fade ever occurs.
Appreciate 0