View Single Post
      06-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #35
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

This is a very subjective thread - obviously someone who chooses an m3 will use the m3 as the basis for comparison. Some will do it the other way around.

Personally, as much history as the m3 has, other than the amazing high revving v8, i don't believe the e9x m3 has much to offer to the purist/enthusiast. It's grown too large, gotten too heavy, yet it continues to be a great car. I wouldn't think twice about picking a 1m over an m3. In fact I "considered" moving to an e92 m3 in the past up until the 1m was announced, in which case the m3 became immediately a secondary choice for me.

Oh and DCT? You couldn't pay me enough money for me to transition away from the true manual experience. Then again, this is my opinion.

In terms of fun, every review of the 1m involves the car being driven sideways, and apparently it does so very effortlessly. The sweet spot of an m3 is right up there in the high rpm's...the sweet spot of a 1m starts right at 1k rpm's and doesn't stop until redline - to me this is priceless. The power constantly churns out, and there is no need squeeze it out of the engine when driving around on a daily basis.
Appreciate 0