10-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #42
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
It handles GOOD?

The Nazi party would be proud of you making that statement!

Now check into Motor Trend's business model. It's not journalism, it's essentially paid promotion.

No the Evo isn't an all around "good great handling performe." [sic]

It does one thing really well: it cuts up the turns.

In return, you get punished with chipped teeth and spinal compaction.

A BMW is more balanced. But for pure performance driving, the Evo would squash it. Period.

What the heck do you mean by that? You keep saying it but you aren't making sense.

The 1 Series is not BASED off the 2002.

The 1 Series Coupe is a coupe version of BMW's entry level small car called the 1 Series.

There is no mechanical relationship.

Some smart marketing people noticed that the greenhouse was similar to the 2002 and ran with it. That's called marketing hype. If the 135i had any 2002 DNA, it wouldn't weigh so damn much.

The whole premise of the car is to occupy a segment that BMW is not in, to take market share in the space, increase revenues, and introduce younger people to the marque. Comparison to earlier models is marketing hype.

Do you really take this stuff as religion? Are you REALLY that naive, or are you just trolling for reactions?

Just out of curiousity, does this:

Have the DNA of this?

It must... Ford said so...

OMG...lol

Ok Corky, BMW themselves have claimed the 1970's 2002 was the inspiration for them bringing forth and making the smaller 1 series. Since you don't bother to even click on the links or further investigate then your ignorance will remain. I can tell your not interested in learning anything or sharing ideas. The 1series is just now comming to the US, in the form of the coupe'. This car was clayed and modeled with photos of the 2002 on easels in the design studio. I've seen photos and interviews going back a full year. It's not some strummed up marketing hype.

You obviously don't understand BMW, their engineering and why their cars are among the best cars for over past 50 years. Why each car has a specific DNA about it, lost on other cars manufacturers. Your Ford comparison is a joke, ford does not have that level of engineering or refinement. For them its just aesthetics not engineering!

Thirdly, you arbitrarilly discounted Moter Trend's Best Handling Cars On The Market , simply because you feel they have an agenda, yet I'm suppose to believe YOU? Why not just read the article, read between the lines... along with other mags and pull the pertinent info from the article..? No mag is 100% correct, thats why I read them all and derive my own opinions.

You seriously have a bug up your but about not educating yourself. Have you ever driven a Zo6 or a BMW M3 or 335..? Those cars handle great and offer alot more than a Mitsu EVO. You have to be really on the edge to exact the performance the EVO has over the 335 or the other cars. Track day is where the EVO shines the most. I guess you didn't understand that I am not denying that the evo is a great handleing car, the EVO does carve it up, but that doesn't mean other cays can't. The Cayman S will outhandle the Mitsu, but the Cayman suffers from the same fatigue the EVo does.

You make it sound as if the EVO will be laping a 135i on a road coarse, when the simple fact is that it might be a second or two faster, at most! To me that is perfect, because the BMW offers alot more than the EVO in terms of comfort, build quality, luxury, smoothness and refinement. You can't add those things to an EVO, but you certainly can make the 135i lighter and get rid of the RFT's that plague the 335i's handling.

It remains to see what DNA from the 2002 is left over in the 1 series and how much steering response and feedback the BMW engineers have allowed into the 1 series. But we know it is greater than the 3 series.

The EVo will not have as much advantage over the 135i as you think. Many Cayman owners are looking into this 135i because they want a more refined GT style car, but don't want to sacrifice the Cayman's handling. Yes, there will be some sacrifices, but I know driving an EVO (like the Porsche) anything more than a couple of hours becomes tiring. The reason I got ride of my Zo6 and havn't pulled the trigger on the Cayman S. So if I feel the new M3 isn't all that great I will just load up a 135i, yank the RFT's, slap on some QD-7's and not worry all that much about anything.

Either way, I am looking for a comparo between the two cars, since they are targeting the same buyers.

-Garrett
Appreciate 0