View Single Post
      08-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #106
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
nice update. where did you end up buying the springs from?

what didnt you like about how the camber plate installed on the car?

did you ever reach out to racing brake?
Get my swift springs stuff from KamiSpeed. Best prices I've found, good customer service, and free shipping.

The camber plates were secured by free bolts. They fell out several times while I was trying to bolt the strut up to the strut tower. When they fall out the adjustment plate moves. Nothing really wrong with that once it's secured, but I didn't want to have to deal with that in the future. Maybe the new design TCKR plates don't have that minor flaw. For now, the OE top hat is sufficient, and once I'm closer to my annual alignment, the Dinan plates will be a perfect addition. I'll take the cash from these TCKR plates once I sell them and put it towards a new Stg2/2+ (Walbro 450) LPFP. I've been looking at the Precision Raceworks modular LPFP setup. I like that I can add another pump/assembly without taking it out and trading for a different bucket/bracket/whatever.

Racing Brake is on my list of phone calls for tomorrow. After reading more about their 2-piece F/R kit, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a full car kit, minus SS brake lines (my OE lines are fine) and RBF600 fluid (don't want to change fluid >1x per year). Just have to find out if there's any special install notes or additional parts I'll need outside of their rotors/matched pads and anything else in the box. I really like that they are 2 piece SLOTTED rotors. I really didn't want cross-drilled rotors. I also really like that I can keep the parking brake. Mine is badly out of adjustment so it'll be a good time to take care of that.

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 08-16-2017 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0