View Single Post
      01-28-2018, 07:34 PM   #1
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Do you want to see a new badass wheel for the 1er?

My 1-series track crew -- if you haven't seen me around here, or followed along on my build thread then feel free to do so. Otherwise, summary is: I mostly care about track performance / road racing.

With the 1er being a small market, we haven't had the most options for specific wheel fitments, especially super light, strong, forged, and good looking. I'm curious how many of you feel this and would be interested in seeing a new option.

I've been talking to Titan7, who have recently launched their line of forged, lightweight, track-spec wheels for specific platforms that we often see on track: M3, S2K, Evo, FRS/BRZ, etc... I hit them up to gauge interest in building some for us. If there's interest, meaning 5 or more people, we could probably do a small batch.

Details: FORGED and strong AF
>18lbs a piece
Massive clearance for even the biggest brake kits
Price would be between $1780-$1840 for the set.

There are a lot of conservative fitments and trends on this platform, but I prefer to run more on the aggressive side, with wide wheels and tires for maximum grip. I also run plenty of camber and a track alignment. I don't think this setup will be for everyone, but that's why I'm posting it in the track section.

You could either run a square setup with the front fitment, or staggered.

Front: 18x9 +40 (I can confirm this fits with a 255/35/18 Nexen Sur4G, -3* camber, KW coilovers with 7" spring) You can easily run this out back as well for a square setup.)

Rear: 18x9.5 +5x (I know APEX does +58, but that looks pretty conservative and I've heard some inboard clearance issues arise with wide tires and lots of camber. I'd like to test fit these out back to see where we should go. Guessing somewhere around +50-55)

For me, the goal is to run this setup with 265 front, 275 rear. More conservatively, you could run 255 front, 265 rear.

What wheel design would you prefer and how many of you would be willing to go for this? Genuinely care about this platform and am hoping to help create some new life for it. Wheels are just phase one of my plans.

For reference, here is my car running 18x9 +42 squared. 3mm spacer up front is just for piece of mind, but they actually clear without. Front offset is now effective +39. Tires are 255/35/18 Nexen Sur4G, which run super wider and are closer to most 265s.

Last edited by berns; 01-29-2018 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 0