02-19-2019, 06:37 PM   #10957
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Me: You're gonna have to twist my arm...

You: *Breathes lightly*

Me: OKAY FINE. I'll do it, don't hurt me any more!

How are those (suspension components that shall remain nameless to create suspense in the forums)? My dad put some (above suspension components, from another brand) on his GTI, and it does (applicable things) beautifully. I'm jelly, so I've been lightly shopping...

I'm not, however, jelly that he has a slipping clutch at 24k miles (Mk7's have WEAK clutches) with stock power. Why, maybe a little (he's getting a Stage 2 with a lightened flywheel)...

Edit: Ninja edit to preserve secrecy...
Lol! I'll post up soon enough about the aforementioned suspension bits. They are doing their thing wonderfully, I just have to do a think and they'll be at 100% optimal-ness.

I'm fearing I may need a clutch soonish as well, though it's hard to tell with these self-adjusting units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman123 View Post
Aw I wish I were around your guys' area so I could join in the on the fun.
Come visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Oh I'm having all sorts of fun,
tightening 500 nuts.

We aren't completely sure why they are coming loose, time will lead to an answer.
But I know that I'm one of the few on snow tires with bolts. Softer tire/tread block may play a factor.
I didn't tighten them too much. Enough to deform tread. How do you apply a TQ value, exposed length, tread deformation value to something that squishes unevenly.
I have absolutely beat the shit out of them. This last event was out 4th. Each is about 5 hours with me doing about 2+ hours of lapping, each lap being around a minute. So that maths to about 480 laps, but I'd say I've done close to 400? Working out the numbers isn't something I think about, but now that I do; damn I like to have too much fun.
Did you use threadlock? Because I'd probably use threadlock. Tightening those bastards looks like a nightmare.