View Single Post
      01-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
ZCP M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M Coupe #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snertz View Post
The first picture posted shows where exactly to put the jack on the diff..

Another method is to jack up using the front side jack point, the car is stiff enough that the rear side jack point will rise enough to get a jack stand under it. Repeat for the other side of the car. Then jack from the front center point to get the front side points onto stands. You might need some 2x4's under the front tires to be able to reach the center jack point.

I've used both methods and both work fine. Just chock the front wheels if you do jack from the diff. Been using this jack : http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...ump-68051.html

As for the jackpads, they will get messed up if you don't use the pucks. A cheap alternative to what's out there is to just use hockey pucks.

There isn't an official point for jacking from the arms but it can be done. I've used it at the end carrier mounting point and at where the shock mounts. Works well enough, just use a towel or something under the arm to prevent scuffing it.
I've never found a way to get a jack past the diff cover and raise it on the actual diff. If you have a jack that can do that, more power to you!

I've resorted to raising the car via the control arms as well and it'll work, just be careful and make sure the jack isn't going to slide up/down the arm.
Appreciate 0