11-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #94
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
Hey Paul,

the PWR radiator was fitted just prior to the car entering the "Hot Tuner Shootout".

FYI,

the Stett oil cooler kit was the VERY FIRST MOD I bought for the vehicle.

This was for two reasons.

The first being that I considered it a key component given the "build" I had envisaged.

The latter was that excessive oil temps was very much a known problem on modded vehicles, due to the insufficient OE oil cooling system.

I had not upgraded the radiator previously, as I had not tracked the car as yet.

The Stett kit had done wonders for controlling oil temps whilst the car had spent countless hours on the dyno.

Pete has commented several times before that my car has the lowest sustained oil temp, of all the N54/N55 BMW's he has dynoed.

Which in itself is quite significant as my 1'er makes just a little more horsepower than most other 1 & 3 Series BMW's too.

Paul I suspect if you give Pete a bit of notice, he can knock the complete installation over in around 5 hours.
Thanks , always a pleasure to hear from someone in the know!

I have had a look at the space in front of the OEM radiator and like everywhere else in the front there's bugger all space and I didn't realise there would need to be substantial cutting required. So I have reconsidered the placement and I tend to agree the best place would be where the OEM unit is. Just not sure If I need the Radiator as well??? I will see what the temps get to at wakefield
Appreciate 0