View Single Post
      01-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #16
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMCLASSIC View Post
So just to update on my issue, its been about 3 days now and it looks like whatever module that was malfunctioning somehow fixed itself, or I'm assuming maybe whatever water or moisture that was causing this has gone away because now its like nothing ever happened. I'm still going to check out the modules everyone pointed out and unplug them to see if I get a similar reaction and just so I know where they are at next time this happens.

ZX10GUY, Just curious do you happen to have any pics of where to drill in the trunk floor? I want to do this as well and hopefully will prevent this in the future. Also have you seen the issue come back at all since it went away for you? or did you end up replacing the module?
I have to ask my BMW dealer tech buddy about this. He was the one that told me drilling a hole in the trunk floor is what he does when he gets a repair job dealing with water in the trunk.

My issue has not come back since when everything went hay wire. Yes, the junction box was replaced by the dealer. I suspect the cause was the dealer's body shop. I had the car at the dealer body shop to paint my rear bumper after a minor mishap. The dealer couldn't figure out where the water came from to saturate the junction box. So they just warranteed the repair and was going to figure out if the charges would be submitted to BMW for reimbursement or the body shop would have to pick up the tab.
Appreciate 0