06-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #136
Frampton
i miss boost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Mercedes C63 AMG P30

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Ran my second autox yesterday in STU. This time i came with the suspension setup and was finally somewhat competitive! Placed 4 out of 5 in STU and 3 out of 5 in Double (Pax). I ran 1.699 seconds off the leading STI driven by Rob from COBB, 1.49 seconds behind Jon from COBB also driving the same STI as a double driver, .403 seconds behind another STI. I did beat 1 other STI by .569! All of these guys have waaaaay more seat time then me so I was really excited to get this close. I was almost 6 seconds behind them all in my first event. And i shed time all day long yesterday. Slowly but surely!

Few things i learned... I need bigger front tires. 225 dunlop star specs are not enough tire to turn this car. Dunlop star specs get worse as it gets hotter. 36psi front was ideal for the tire wear indicators and 33psi rear. I need a touch more negative camber up front. Going to look into making offset bushings for the LCA's up front though. Running about a half turn off full stiff in the rear made the car absolutely planted.

Question of the day... Where will the LSD help me make up time? I'm not having any traction issues in the rear end as of yet?

Oh and don't let the car wash place use tire wet the day before a race...