View Single Post
      11-01-2019, 12:40 AM   #137
-nexus-
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
I've never experienced the problem while the car is moving (even parking lots speeds).
I've found this as well. Recently when idling in Park, I had the issue with the window when I was trying to close it, so I pressed the accelerator to bring revs up to about 1500-2000rpm and tried again, this time the window worked perfectly. I tried it 7 or 8 more times and it worked fine. Going back to idle, it still worked fine! I'm waiting for it to stop working again though, which I'm sure it inevitably will.

I get similar issues with the boot release, sometimes I need the engine running for the release to fully "pop", as sometimes it sounds like it only releases 1/2 way, not allowing the boot to open.

I feel like what we're seeing is a voltage issue with the window regulator, in that there is some correlation between the voltage produced at idle and the window problem. This would go some ways to explain why you never get the issue when driving. How to fix this on the other hand, I've no idea, since there aren't any other electrical issues with the car.
Appreciate 0