View Single Post
      06-10-2022, 05:12 AM   #140
mototo
Rep
Drives: E87 130i pre-LCI

Hahahah! Yeah I was not keen on the 86 and had I know how a 1er drove I would not have even bothered with the a45 😆

I’ve got bilsteins pss coilovers on it, 335i brakes and ad08r on style 188’s. Managed a 57.89s at luddenham and I was still learning how to drive the car properly as my previous track hack was a e36 318is sedan. The best mods tbh so far is the 335i brakes and the ad08r’s. I went to my first trackday with tired shocks on those rubber and the 130i still gave me good enough feedback to put it through its paces.

Another mate in our group just bought a 130i manual with my help. It needs abit of work but for the price he paid for it, one cannot complain haha.

On the ownership side of things, both me and the missus’s 130i has gone through a fair bit of reactive and preventative maintenance. Seals, gaskets, coilpacks, clutch ( mine), mechatronic seals and solenoids ( hers), ccv’s, suspension, guibo’s, water pump, engine mounts… and the list goes on Ahhahaha.
Would I give it up for anything else? Never!

Although I shudder to think if I had did all these at a workshop what the costs would be….

The wife’s car has the lifter tick but mine doesn’t. Both are prefl cars with near identical mileage (155xxx kms)

Good feedback about the mca’s. I nearly went for the tein street coilovers. The bilsteins pss are definitely stiffer but not rock hard. I still need to put this on the track to gauge it but on the street it does not feel much different to the stock msport suspension. I wanted to go with b8’s but they were out of stock for the longest time.

Have just bought the e92 m3 front strut and tension rods but will put them in after I’ve done a trackday first in this current setup
Appreciate 0