View Single Post
      03-20-2019, 02:55 PM   #15
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
I was running -3.5 degrees with M arms and Dinan camber plates for an easy 10-15k miles with no tire wear issues. I definitely like the extra camber; not only does it help fit more aggressive wheels and tires, but it drastically reduces understeer, and makes the car feel more exciting. I'm not even considering TC Klines at this point, I've had issues with corrosion on my Koni Sports, and don't want to deal with that again. I said supposedly, and it's good to know that it isn't true. I also read that that service is simply a visual inspection for leaks and corrosion, and a cleaning.

Anywho, I'm still leaning towards the Ohlins...
If you do very minimum commuting on the highway, you can get away with -3.5 of camber.

Anytime you have painted damper bodies you will run into corrosion issues if the paint wears away or chips off. You want something like Ohlins or KW for corrosion protection.

You Dinan plates will transfer right over to the Ohlins so there is no additional cost for you having to buy camber plates.
Appreciate 1