Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraking View Post
A few days ago we had a snowstorm, I couldn't get my car up a hill afterwards. I started on the hill from a standstill (so no momentum) and was able to get up about 20 feet, but then the car just kept slipping. I turned it around and found another way, though that wasn't much fun to be honest.
Did you turn traction control all the way off? I know others have had more success moving the car uphill with DTC on but last year I found myself stuck at the bottom of a hill in fairly deep snow. It was very difficult to break free and get up the hill but the only way I could do it with traction full off.

Last weekend I was on some backroads after a fairly good amount of snow had fallen. A silver Integra was stuck AT THE TOP of a very large hill. I had to follow a G35 w/AWD up the hill, STOP, then start again and maneuver around the Integra. FWD, RWD, anyone can get stuck, the trick is to have the best winter tires and to use the throttle properly.

After the above two incidents I'm not that worried about driving up a snow covered hill unless it is covered in ice or the snow is well above the bottom of my car. For what its worth I've proven that this RWD car + winter tires is at least equal (maybe better) going uphill compared to an AWD G35x with the standard all season tire.
Appreciate 0