View Single Post
      08-16-2019, 09:51 PM   #77
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCoverRoll View Post
Thanks for this! How do you reset transmission adaptations? Is this something I can do myself?

I have a little under 40,000 miles right now -- it's my DD and I love the car except for the DCT. 've been dealing with lag/ idle/ lurch since I bought the car, and the dealer always insisted that there are no SIB updates available -- I've learned to live with it, but this transmission malfunction issue brings it to a whole new level.

Did you replace the clutch after warranty? Or was it covered? If after, what sort of bill were you looking at? I was told that the mechatronics (if it needs to be replaced) would be around $6k - $7k.
Somebody already replied regarding transmission reset cost so I won't address that.

My clutch replacement all in was about $4,500. I also had the oil pan gasket replaced at the same time (slight leak) as well as the motor mounts, for another couple hundred bucks on top of that.

At 40k miles though I don't think that should be your issue, unless you've been doing launch controls every now and again, or a bit more frequently.

I was at 90k miles when I started having these issues.
Appreciate 0