hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
I have made a posting about this item before, however the problem has evolved a little bit.

The Situation

While driving any extended period of time there is a great amount of heat generated in the driver's foot well on the right hand side plastic and carpeting. This condition happens under normal driving conditions.

When driven with great enthusiasm... the carpeting and the plastic become HOT to the touch and will come to the point that it will almost start burning my leg if I am wearing shorts.

My SA and Dealer have been made aware of the problem and they have involved a regional service advisor to take a look at this issue. Further, they have involved BMW Ag in the issues as well. The dealer suspects that the mid-pipe is in too close proximity to the body and is transferring the heat to the cabin.

The question to all of you... are there any other 1m vehicles experiencing any sort of heat transmission from the underbody of the vehicle to the inside cabin? If so your input would be appreciated in helping solve this issue.

Please advise...
I have a 400 mile drive home today and will check for you and report.

Holly
Appreciate 0