View Single Post
      11-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #16
drwillb
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: e30 M3, e30 M3, e46 M3

Seems like a miracle but I actually got most of my car agenda accomplished this weekend (LPFP and pressure regulator next weekend).

The oil cooler arrived on time and I got to work replacing it, putting mesh over the huge duct opening, and getting the factory air curtain duct (stock 1M bumper) in place. This last piece would probably fit with no trimming of the ER metal ducting for oil cooler but things looked just a bit too tight. I got the Dremel out and trimmed some metal to loosen things up.

The factory bumper has no provision for attaching the mesh with clips or any hardware since this is normal just a huge opening leading to factory ducts for the coolers on each side (1M). I was running out of time so I resorted to holes in the bumper material and zip ties. Not ideal, but works fast and easy and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Here it is:
Attached Images