11-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #23
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by needalifesoon View Post
—Question—
We’re in the same area.. What do you run for tires? I have the Sumitomo tire HTR A/S P02 Performance Radial tire - 225/40R18 92W front / rear.

These tires are new.. coming off my other car and this car (135i) is too strong. When it rains / making turns I have to be gentle on the throttle sense it’s RWD (I slide) What do you recommend and will your recommendation help with potholes? Perhaps a wider rear tire reduces bumps?
Without a doubt, MPS4S. They are fantastic AND are amazing in the rain.
I now run 235 front and 255 rear.

If you want to switch (they aren't for winter driving, but are perfect for summer) and are on stock width wheels, I have two fronts available in 225/40r18 with less than 150 miles on them.
I put them on in the spring and ran them for about a week when I decided to get new (wider) wheels (APEX) and they won't fit. They are just taking up space and collecting dust but are practically brand new, and I will sell them to you for a song, considering they are nearly $300 each new.

To be clear, the MPS4S are one of the best tires money can buy for street use, but they are definitely NOT all-seasons (and in fact would be dangerous to drive in the winter here). I have a set of summer wheels and a separate set of winter wheels. That is how I recommend setting up.
Running all-seasons, you are never going to be able to get good enough traction in the summer compared to dedicated summer performance tires, and you are also compromising safety and driveability in the snow.
RWD and all-seasons is a poor choice.

Last edited by Cavpilot2k; 11-15-2018 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10588.50