View Single Post
      07-22-2021, 12:38 PM   #26
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent860906 View Post
Will it fit with just Bilstein B8 struts and not coilovers?
Currently, my car has M3 lower control arms and Dinan camber plate and is cambered at around -2.5° with B8 struts and I believe stock springs.
I don't mind going with 245 just to make it fit.
This fitment unfortunately is not ideal to use with your current setup. The Bilstein B8 struts with OEM springs will have the same profile and clearance as the factory suspension. We strongly recommend running motorsport oriented coil-overs that improve inner clearance in order to utilize all available space under the fender. It is likely possible to just use a larger spacer however, especially if running a 245 width tire.

The larger spacer will require additional camber unfortunately, to avoid any issues with rub occurring on the fender side. As mentioned in the article above, camber gained via M3 control arms will not help as you are only moving the bottom portion of the tire/wheel out rather than moving the top of the tire inward away from the fender. The camber gained via the Dinan plates is unfortunately no adequate to prevent fender rub. We recommend running -3 to -4 degrees of camber when used with a 12mm - 18mm spacer.

If you are looking to run this fitment, we strongly recommend adding adjustable camber plates as well as a coil-over kit with a slim profile.

-Ian