View Single Post
      08-03-2020, 06:37 AM   #171
Elliottjb
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by asn993 View Post
I thought about the lights but I don't really notice or see the difference so maybe when I have to replace one I might look at it.

Yes the OEM front, side skirts and rear bumper when fitted make up the template for the rear guards. The new guards are simply built to tie these lines together. I took plenty of photos and provided examples of other projects to the body shop to help. The only thing I got wrong was not rolling the rear lip or removing altogether like the real 1M.

All up including wheels and selling some parts it has cost around $18k. This inc $10k to fit and paint parts & panels and create the rear guards. Given how much of the car was painted I think it is pretty reasonable and comparable to a full paint job yet I got the car stripped and rebuilt and some metal work thrown in. Is $18k hellishly expensive? I don't think so when I think of the quality and depth of the work and the pretty neat end product, and one can easily spend this on performance upgrades or even basic maintenance on an N54 over time!!
Nice one! Sorry, I only just saw this. That’s pretty good. So you bought the OEM body parts from ECS? I want to see what the individual parts cost but have only seen ball park figures so far.
Appreciate 0