View Single Post
      10-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #19
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3kerry View Post
My starting price would be msrp plus the taxes you paid. People will make offers from there. There nothing wrong with asking what it will take you to sell something.

The last e36 m3 I built (4 door manual only 3500 imported to the us) sold for about 50% more than nada. It was a built proven winner and fully sorted. I told the guy he was over paying when he bought it. He said he knew it but thought the fact that the car was local and sorted made up for it.

So, someone that wants one will probably see msrp plus the taxes as a fair price due to the limited run. We are at the end of building this car for the us market. I cannot believe that there are a bunch spots left for builds plus the time to ship it over.
Agreed. If any of the local dealers had a 1M i would have paid 1-3K over just to buy from a local dealer. Many people will pay if the car is closer to them. Remember shipping alone can cost them $1000-$2000 + the additional hassle of buying out of state. Here in NY the car is selling for a substantial premium so i would ask MSRP + taxes and take the best offer. you'll probably get around $52-$54k. I know you could here in NY.
Appreciate 0