View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
ShiftGear
Rep
Drives: 135i

Active Autowerke... Meh

Let's see. I'll start off by saying I'm taking my Active Autowerke license plate cover off.

I love their products... but their service doesn't seem to match the quality of the parts. I'll say this, I installed their N55 charge pipe in a breeze. It was perfect fitment. My problem, however, is how they have no idea how to quote properly and document anything. I called two weeks ago and received a quote for Koni adjustable shocks, M3 rear subframe bushings, and M3 front control arm kit as a 5 hour job, $830 with alignment. And then another quote for rear subframe bushings alone as 3 hour job, $408. I explained what the bushings were and a basic process of how much of a pita it is and the service guy said yeah... 3 hour job.

I was getting quotes everywhere I decided to do the installation at AA. So I called back a week later to set up an appointment and received the same quote. Fast forward a few days after the appointment setup...

I called back to add another quote for a downpipe installation for the hell of it. The three other service guys there seem to not remember me and my quote, but definitely knew when my appointment was. And I can't seem to freaking find my notes with the service guys name and quote. So I told them the list of the suspension parts first... quote escalated to $1200 not including alignment nor tax. After getting nowhere with them, I cancelled my appointment. Guess I was overestimating them... they're just like every other Miami shop.

I'll be taking my business to Autoglitz in Fort Lauderdale. Thank god I didn't waste my time driving an hour over there or even yet, blindly believe a Miami car shop quote and get it done there to later find out that $830 was actually over $1200. I still like their products as I said before... but it's unfortunate that they lost a customer.
Appreciate 0