09-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #9
Sdracing
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
nice writeup.

can you please share some additional information on the f30 calipers. are they four piston front, four piston rear? are the pistons not prone to cracking like the 135i? other than the larger and thicker rotor, and cost effectiveness, just trying to understand the advantages.
Correct, they are four piston up front. Since the calipers are made by Brembo I do not anticipate cracking to be an issue. I've tracked similar Bembo calipers before and never had an issue or fade.

I have not installed the stock 335i rear calipers yet, but I think they are single piston. The vast majority of stopping power is up front. The F30 M Sport Blue rear calipers maybe two piston. However, the base model F30 335i are single - I think.

The advantage of these over stock is is brake fade on the track. In addition, changing pads is very simple since the top of the caliper is open and therefore the Calipers do not need to be removed when swapping pads.

I am not sure if the stock 128i brakes would hold up with new brake lines, fluid and pads on the track. They might, but I wasn't going to risk 250 on a pair of race pads to find out.

Also there is the bling factor.
Appreciate 0