Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygote55 View Post
Update -

The problem was a leaking injector on cylinder 5. I replaced the injectors on 5 and 6 since they share all the same labor. I plan to replace the rest of the injectors soon as well.

As a side note, if you have a 2011 135i built before 1/1/11 you'll need different injectors, a different injector removal tool, and the actual process is way more labor intensive than an N54 or N55 produced after 1/1/11. Shout out to FCP Euro for making returning opened parts extremely painless.
Injectors should be replaced in sets of three.
There are two banks... cylinder's 1 thru 3 and 4 thru 6.

What index were your old injectors and what index was the two new plugs? I believe #12 are the latest and greatest injector version. You also must program(code) the injectors to the DME.

When you replaced your HPFP... you should have also replaced the fuel line pressure sensor just before the pump. Here are some pics. This sensor can go bad and throw HPFP codes. BMW recommends replacing it when you replace the HPFP.

Name:  HPFP_N55.jpg
Views: 7778
Size:  126.3 KB

Name:  HPFP low presure sensor  347gtvp.png
Views: 10947
Size:  783.2 KB

Did you replace your coils and plugs bc of a drive ability issue? Could be carbon buildup on your intake valves.

PS: If you have not had the vanos bolt recall done you should look into that. The bolts for the vanos shear clean off the camshaft adjustment and end up in your oil pan.

Good Luck,
Dackel
Appreciate 0