03-12-2019, 07:39 AM   #56
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhite35 View Post
CivicDuty - I'm having the same 2E0F code on my 2012, along with a couple other Valvetronic codes that seem to come back intermittently:

2DCE - Valvetronic system: No adjustment possible
2DD0 - Valvetronic system: Control deivation warning threshold exceeded
2E10 - Valvetronic system: deactivated, warning threshold, control deviation exceeded too frequently
2E11 - Valvetronic system: bottom limit position learned

My symptoms include rough idle for ~20 seconds on cold starts (engine would crank normally and rev up to ~1600 rpm, start to settle toward idle, then rev back up again, repeating this process a few times before finally idling normally) and occasionally would even stall on cold starts. Have you experienced anything similar?

Also noticed you're a fellow Ontarian so please do let us know how the dealer visit goes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicDuty View Post
@OneWhite35 I haven't had any of those other codes. I did have a code relating to Valvetronic Sluggish Movement but after clearing that it has been replaced with the 2E0F.

I was getting a stumble on cold start at about the 20-30 second mark but that has pretty much gone away. I must say that I was also having some other faults like the radio defaulting back down to 88.9 in the morning and on 2 occasions I had the car on lift symbol with excessive discharge noted. I replaced the battery and those problems went away along with the stumble on cold start albeit it has occurred once since the battery change.

I'm really torn as to whether I should go to the dealer. I actually have an appointment for tomorrow. It's $179 for a diagnostic ugh. Of course, to confuse things further, the car has been running like a champ lately. I don't know if 2E0F is a code that stays active or just an indication of the valvetronic being disabled at some point but returning to operation if it can.

I'm considering canceling my appointment and monitoring for a while longer.
Have you guys had your cars flashed? I would skip the diag and start there, it should be about $200 and should be done anyway.

Additionally you could try cleaning out the VANOS solenoids, it's actually not difficult at all they're right up front and can be cleaned easily.