Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Thanks for the link.

For the lazy:

@ Braaf.
Can you confirm a release date for M1?

First details Dec.2010 , On sale Spring 2011 (Europe)

@ Klier
I want to know what BMW thinks of the Porsche 918 Spyder concept....

The Porsche concept flows in the opposite direction as the Vision Efficient Dynamics which is the route BMW have a course set on.
The Vision Efficient Dynamics might go Topless and be a two seater too. Porsche philes @ Geneva were horrified at the analmagnation of the Porsche brand into VW . The Audi comparisons especially at the rear were too much for some.

@ EmPower
There has been a big time reality check in real estate market with this economic downturn. I wonder when it will hit the car market and manufacturers realize that their pricing is not right for this market

One of the reason why markets such as Europe will see Product rather than concept. Some countries have initiated a "Spend their way out of recession" and it is not going to work , some countries when their figures are revealed within the end of this quarter are going to be back in recession. @ Geneva the focus was on product that was coming to the market and in Leipzig the 5er Touring will debut as the New York Autoshow will see the North American debut of the 5er , X5 LCi , 3er Coupe and Cabrio LCi and the World Premiere of the 335iS. Because these are volatile markets the focus is on showcasing product. Beijing however is another matter especially when that market (China) is growing for BMW.

@ NarutoRamen
What would be the pricing strategy of a car such as the M1? The 135i is quite expensive enough, especially with options.

The M-1 will be priced slightly above the 135i maybe euro 10,000 more? But it is not going to be a 135i with a little more power, It has been completely overhauled - Dr Segler wants The M-1 to reinvent the Passion that afflicted the E30. Had the E30 been around today it would be sought by a younger demographic. This is what they want for the M-1.

@ Chonkoa
I will believe when I see something.

Although you see spyshots of prototypes and statements.
Ring season is almost upon us then you will see how far this has gone and then the camouflaged mules drive out.

@ Kowalski
Joy SUCKS.

Bring back the ultimate driving machine.

JOY IS... BMW. But the UK market still maintains "The Ultimate Driving Machine" alongside JOY.

@ SKYSONY/Shonguiz
would like to know more about both CS7 and CS6, how their design is gonna be, when are we gonna see the first spy pics, or at least some kind of Concept. What's the statut of the CS7 ? Will we see the 6 cab before the coupe ? Why are you still letting sauber use the BMW name while the cars are Ferrari powered ?

CS 6 is to be shown as a Concept in the future , Although based on the matrix that underpins the 5,6 and 7er , The looks will not be inherited between the Coupe and Cabrio of the 6er. CS 6 is a four door Sports car.

CS 7 is being developed as a Sporty alternative to a luxury sedan meaning high luxury with a very dynamic character.
CS 6 Will not arrive until 2013. CS 7 is being worked on as we speak.

The 6er Coupe will come first.
The majority of 6er cabrios are testing with their roof folded over the rear axle to test weight distribution. A fibre glass top molded from the F13 roof shape is covered in the insulated hood from the E64 6er. There is a lot of fake panels over the car to put off photographers.

The Sauber is something about legality I think.
Appreciate 0