View Single Post
      09-29-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
Jeb_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

I've never done an event with the BMWCCA but I've beeing doing autocross for the past two years with my own 128i. It's a blast.

My biggest advice is to talk to people there. Most clubs are real welcoming to new people and if you start talking to some of the folks who have been doing it for a while you can learn a lot.

In addition to the course walks already mentioned, sometimes clubs will pair novices with instructors for the first couple of runs to give some feed back. If they're availible I recommend having instructors ride along every chance you get for a while.

As far as the car itself, you really don't need much. Just some masking tape for the numbers and an inflator and pressure guage. I air up the tires a bit above manufacturer spec before the runs. Then check between runs and let some out as needed to keep it where I want it. If you're running the stock allseason runflats and you stick with autocross, you'll eventually want to get some good summer tires. However, I'd keep things as is for a couple events starting out.
Appreciate 2