View Single Post
      07-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #14
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan13 View Post
So is it oil or brakes? Can't decide from this thread. Having the same issue...sorry, started a new thread. I'm in a 128 with an LSD, standard caliper/rotor and upgraded pads. DTC completely off. Dropping power about half-way thru each session...lasts about 5-10 seconds, then goes normal for a minute or so, then 5-10 seconds, repeat. No dash lights.

I've heard the e-diff really doesn't interfere if the LSD is working, but I'm definitely threshold braking from 130 to 60 and from 95-30 with each lap.

If it is oil, then I suppose I'm looking for cooler addition this coming week.

One more session to go today, I'll try the heater "on" workaround and see if that helps.
I saw your thread, and I was going to point you here. Glad you found this. Check my response in post #4... It's everything you need to know on this topic.

There is no point in starting threads and speculating on what's wrong. Get in your car and scan/get logs. Brake overheating will not light up the CEL, but there WILL be a code stored for it. Brake overheating DOES reduce power. So do oil temps above 270f. Scan the car with Carly. You can even use Carly to log your oil temps. That is what will tell you what you need to do next...

If you in an auto the dme might reduce torque if the converter gets too hot. Again, a code should be stored in the dme for this.

Last edited by bNks334; 07-18-2016 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0