varoadking
King of Goodness
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe

Garage List
2012 BMW 128i  [0.00]
UPDATE:

I had been experienced several instances of limp mode being induced. Took the 128i back to BPC after the local BWM dealer updated the ECU.

Bob installed a new tune mated to the updated ECU that produced 224.5 WHP on the dyno, (up about 0.6 whp after installing a Turner silicone intake pipe), and within a day, I'm in limp mode again.

Spoke with BPC, and they recommended removing the Sprint Booster to see if perhaps that was sending conflicting messages. They have never had this issue with an N51 or N52 before. I have an N52.

I disconnected the Sprint Booster and read/cleared the historic fault codes today. They were: SE19 - DSC Engine Management, and 5817 - EGS signal fault, torque reduction.

Neither code was still present at the time of the reading. Power still seems down somewhat, so not sure what's up. I will drive it for a week to see if it goes into limp mode again and get back to BPC on the next move.

Randall and Bob have been terrific during this process...I'm very grateful to have them on my team.
Appreciate 0