CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
There may be some options now, but when I was looking to do this I could not find any aftermarket suppliers who marketed a swaybar as being compatible with our car. The M3 convertible front sway bar from BMW is a direct bolt on and is quite a bit stiffer than ours. You can also do the rear, but keep in mind that changing the rear sway bar on this car requires dropping the rear subframe. That's either a very difficult DIY or a very expensive trip to the shop.

A stiffer front sway bar will increase grip at the rear. I put mine on at the same time that I changed my front camber with vorshlag camber plates, suspension otherwise remained stock. The camber change increased grip in the front while the swaybar helped increase grip at the back and I dialed in my alignment from there. When I eventually replaced the stock suspension with coil overs, the overall balance remained the same. I can make very subtle changes depending on the damper settings and tire pressures. M

My car is beautifully neutral at the limit running a square set up with -2.7° of camber and 0 toe in the front and -2.2° of camber and minimum spec toe in the rear. On the street, it would probably understeer because I run the stock staggered tire sizes but I prefer that slight margin of safety on the street anyway.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
ayao627.50