View Single Post
      02-09-2022, 08:31 PM   #6
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Popov View Post
Think I'll just pull the trigger then. Mine probably need to be replaced anyways, might as well go for an upgrade.

As for the install, think it'd be doable on ramps? Been a while since I've worked in that area but I did replace a severed pad wear sensor with the car on ramps. Had to worm my arm up in there which wasn't ideal but it was doable. I'm fuckin' terrified to put the car back on jack stands after I had a jack pad break on me.
Yes to ramps. It's been a while, but I think these are the steps I used-

- Pull the front wheels off and loosen the adjustment nuts. Or for initial install, installing the endlinks but be sure to have the adjustment nuts loosened enough.

- put the wheels back on than get the car on ramps

- turn the endlinks so that there is little to no resistance. You'll feel the pre-load on the bar going away as you get the right length

- tighten/torque the endlink adjustment nuts. (If I recall correctly, you have to get the car off the ramps, then remove the wheels to do this)