View Single Post
      06-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #68
Séve
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinzero View Post
So now that the much predicted model line up is officially confirmed, should we go back to guessing how much it will cost?

tdc was correct in his information that the 135i will come standard with M sports and 6 piston brakes, so now it seems very likely that his (very optimistic) info on pricing would turn out to be true. That is, under $35K for the 135i with M sports and brembo standard.

C&D also predicts that it will come in at $32~33K, which is in line with what tdc said. Then how much will a 128i cost? C&D predicts $27K, with the gap between the two models being $5~6K. I would believe this IF M sport and brembo was not standard on the 135i, but with those two pricy options as well as the extra 70HP, I find it hard to believe that the gap would be so small.

Think about it, you add up the sports pack to a $27K base 128i, and throw in xenon and logic 7 that will probably come standard in a 135i, and you get a $30K 128i. Which in itself is not so bad, but then there will only be $2~3K gap between that and a 135i, which has massively superior gears from powertrain to suspension to brakes. This is certainly not the case between 328i vs. 335i.

Anything's possible I guess, but if this really turns out to be the case then I just might overspend a little and get the 135i.
This is what I'm starting to think as well. Even if the 128i comes in at around $25k-$27k, you've got a $30k+ car with the M sports package and a few other things. The 135i at around $32k WILL be in my garage.
Appreciate 0