11-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #19
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeespinozar View Post
Hello Mark, the Red is for +12V from ignition and the Yellow is +12V directly from battery. What they are saying is: We made a mistake and put the cables incorrectly in the harness. I would 1st take a look at other wires from all the pictures in google. Regarding the fuse box, check the picture I uploaded, I did use the 3rd fuse from bottom left. In a 135i works well, for other models, you will need a multimeter to test and a lot of patience
I may switch mine to that fuse and see how it goes. Since I had the battery disconnected to do my valve cover gasket....now the radio doesn't remember anything.

In the past with using Fuse #2's slot, it would retain the station pre-sets and not the time. Plus it would come right up when entering the vehicle. Now for some reason, the radio completely reboots each time taking 60 seconds or so.

I had been reading a lot over at the XDA forums...and it seems like no one has come up with a way for it to retain time aside from using a "Tasker" app and hotspot..or waiting on GPS to update it.