View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
You ever get the 3D part? I bought a set of extended adjustment arms made by rogue engineering I believe. The shaft could be cut to length and the part that goes on the shock has a set screw to hold it on. They weren’t cheap though (but they are metal and. Ice quality) and I ended up just keeping one in my trunk instead of permanently mounted. I have two small jokes in my trunk liner with a small cover that I pop off if I ever need to adjust.
Yeah I got the 3D parts made, work well enough. Biggest issue I see is that the ABS I chose to use is surely going to get chewed up the more I use them. The inside of the hole were the adjuster goes in is just going to get chewed up. I had 4 made though so I guess I have extras if that does happen. I've been trying to come up with a way to make an insert but nothing concrete yet. I think an insert made out of something like HDPE would probably work, just need to get a rod of HDPE, chuck it in the mill I don't have, cut a slot in it with a small milling bit I don't have. Then drill out the abs and graft in the HDPE insert.

IDK maybe the ABS will last long enough and I won't care. By the way, It looks like rogue engineering no longer sells that extension, any luck you might be able to post a picture or two when you get a chance?
Appreciate 0