///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Have you considered the Vitex Ambergones? I think the smoked ones look decent.

Also, OSS Designs has a much cleaner amber delete/blackout solution from the inside, but it is quite costly, requires removing, shipping, and not having your headlights for a little while, but is still much cheaper than swapping to euro headlights. It's been done only for the 3 series, but hopefully it'll be an option for the 1 series as well.
Thx for the tip, B-. I hadn't looked at the Vitex, but seeing this, I think it is way overboard. You can see the thickness of the film, and stilll see the orange below it. That to me is a home solution. Still don't know how mine will turn out, but I certainly hope better than this Vitex: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139623

I think **********s was selling a 'patch', but the smoked one I want is $59 (and every other color half that). And I saw it in person and was not impressed. The ones I will have are based on a high quality vinyl and UV resistant high quality (read really expensive) ink. Will I like it? I'll know on Wed.

I just hate amber, ended up buying the European headlight and tail lights for my E39 M5 (and am de-ambering my Audi shortly), but in this case the Euro 1-series ones don't justify the cost IMO.

BTW, while I am at it, I want to replace my front turn bulbs. Are they easy to reach (seems really crammed at first glance), and also, what are people using ? I don't mind if i blinks amber, just don't like the yolk look of the bulb when it is unlit. Something like this I suppose:

http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...ALTHBULBS.aspx
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0